- This event has passed.
Commercial HPWH: Engineering Deep Dive Part 1
October 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Day 1 of this 2-day course
This course explores how to successfully design and engineer a central heat pump water heating system using commercial equipment. It explores how commercial HPWH systems meet the requirements of new state and local policies and building codes, and it presents the significant energy savings of these efficient domestic hot water systems. This course introduces the engineering fundamentals of central heat pump water heater systems and evaluates important design considerations, while also presenting the current landscape of market delivery, product availability and refrigerant technologies.
Audience: This class is intended for engineers, architects, designers, building owners, and facility managers.
- Identify the energy savings potential of commercial heat pump water heaters
- Review market language, product delivery and available heat pump technology
- Introduce and explore the components of heat pump water heater systems
- Examine essential design considerations and discuss available products and selection criteria
- Learn how to use Ecotope’s free sizing tool: Ecosizer
- Evaluate successful case studies
Part 1: Monday, October 11, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Part 2: Wednesday, October 13, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Eligible for 2 AIA Learning Units