- This event has passed.
PTCS: How Your PTCS Practices Will Change on April 1, 2022
March 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
PTCS Is Now Easier Than Ever!
Starting April 1, the redesigned Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) program will make it simpler and easier for contractors to become certified and provide customers with high quality HVAC installations.
NEW PROGRAM FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• Offline data entry lets you record PTCS Registry data onsite from your phone or computer, even without cell or internet service.
• Fewer required forms.
• Simplified Air Source Heat Pump specs, including:
– New alternatives to traditional airflow testing, including use of the app-driven Digital TrueFlow plate, or use of equipment manufacturer ESP-CFM lookup tables (no TrueFlow plate required!).
– No more compressor lockout requirement.
– Some testing will no longer be required for VSHP systems, airflow and refrigerant charge will only need to be confirmed to meet manufacturer requirements.
• Remote QA inspections allow for real-time QC, avoidance of return visits and easier data entry.
• Convenient on-demand training videos for trainers, managers, techs and admin staff at Virtual PTCS School.
1 NATE CEH (Continuing Education Hour) credit is available for attending the webinar on March 24. Send your request for NATE credit to resHVAC@bpa.gov c/o Mark Jerome.
Registration is not required. Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Access Code: 883-071-269