This Building Science Principles (formerly Introduction to Weatherization and Building Science) course is a 1-day ONLINE training designed to introduce weatherization and building science principles. Students will participate in online classroom instruction referencing the Building Performance Institute’s Building Science Principles Reference Guide.
Course Content & Objectives:
- Describe both the background of weatherization and key aspects of the weatherization process
- Identify the types of energy movement and describe how they operate in the home
- Summarize building science and describe pressure and thermal concepts
- Describe how a house functions as a system of systems
- Identify mechanical systems and describe their purpose and basic operation
- Describe the audit process and recognize the required data for energy modeling
- Identify appropriate weatherization measures based on Washington state guidelines
- Perform a basic blower door test and describe the basics of combustion safety testing
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.